• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stihl 038 Magnum, in very good cosmetic and mechanical condition. I really don't want to sell, but have been spending money on my other hobby and need to send a couple saws down the road.
Some of these were made in Brazil (more so of the Magnum II's) but this one was made in Germany. It runs, cuts, and operates like a million bucks. Saw is far from perfect, but a very nice example.. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
She'll seep some bar oil when not in use... but other than that, is pretty well mannered.

IMG_20161004_173422440.jpg

Am I out of line on price? I sold a NOS Magnum II for 1100… and I see a handful of the better examples for 6-800. I figured this might be a 550-600 saw on eBay.

I guess if anyone wants to make an offer, do so via PM before this weekend. I'll put it on the bay after that.

400 bucks plus ship. Last call...

Your original price was right where it should have been and at $400, this is a steal! Mine is a little cleaner, but not by much and I paid $450 PHO plus shipping for mine and that was from a friend. I had no idea just how good these saws were until I ran it. With just a muffler mod, they will pull a full comp 28" bar set up with no issues whats so ever. It is easily the most torquey saw that I own (including larger Cc ported saws). They just don't build 'em like this anymore and these are getting harder and harder to find- especially in good condition like yours. If you can't get at least what you are asking- keep it! GLWS

Back