• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 041 $110

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is a older 041. It turns over with spark and compression. It has sat on the shelf for a number of years. I believe a fair price is $110 plus shipping1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I've never quite been able to grok what 'fair' pricing means. If Bill felt it was worth $500 and nobody else felt the same, then Bill would effectively be the highest bidder on a saw he already owned, so he'd keep it. What's unfair about that? It's not as if he's advertising rice to starving people.

Hi Bill. That saw running and oiling with a BC is worth $150 if your lucky so how is $110 a fair price?

What difference does it make if it is under or over priced? Chances are all it needs is new rubber. All said and done you probably have less then $200 in it. $200 for a 60cc saw?! Doesn't seem too bad to me!

Well let's see.............

I put a saw or saw related item up for sale or trade and I say shoot me a "reasonable offer" I get a bunch of negativity and insults because I do not put a price on it.

I put a saw or saw related item up for sale or trade and I do put a price on it I get a bunch of negativity and insults because what I feel is fair is not fair to someone else.

I understand I am far from a master of the English language but I do believe that is hypocrisy. It seems some want it both ways or in common sense terms they just want to b...tch

This is a 400.00 saw all day... come on guys give him the 110.00 PLUS shipping he's asking! Last 4, YES FOUR, of these I had I sold for 125.00 shipped .... shipping was like 85.00 on these boat anchors LOL. These saws make power yea but are HEAVY by today's standards... I'd cut with a 390 over one of these ANYDAY!! GLWS bill!!! NO tire kickers allowed btw!!!

[QUOTE="tree_chomper...................Last 4, YES FOUR, of these I had I sold for 125.00 shipped .... shipping was like 85.00 on these boat anchors LOL. .......................[/QUOTE]

You sold them for $125 shipped? So you sold (4) 041 saws for $125 shipped and paid $85 in shipping? That means you received $40 or $10 per saw?????????????????

[QUOTE="tree_chomper...................Last 4, YES FOUR, of these I had I sold for 125.00 shipped .... shipping was like 85.00 on these boat anchors LOL. .......................

You sold them for $125 shipped? So you sold (4) 041 saws for $125 shipped and paid $85 in shipping? That means you received $40 or $10 per saw?????????????????[/QUOTE]
EXACTLY! !!

Whoever received the 4 saws for $40 got a more than fair deal. However I will not be selling this one or any other one for $10

If you don't like his price, or really have no intention of buying...move along. Simple as that. If you want said saw, but scoff at the price...counteroffer...if he says no, deal with it...lol. As far as I'm concerned, the way all deals should progress..or get shot down.
Bill has always been fair..I have purchased several saws from him, and have had no issues. Everything always comes well packaged, and shows up as described.

If you don't like his price, or really have no intention of buying...move along. Simple as that. If you want said saw, but scoff at the price...counteroffer...if he says no, deal with it...lol. As far as I'm concerned, the way all deals should progress..or get shot down.
Bill has always been fair..I have purchased several saws from him, and have had no issues. Everything always comes well packaged, and shows up as described.

Couldn't say it better!

I agree 100%, to many people are over taking sellers threads and clogging then up with clutter, if this keeps happening sellers are going to stop coming here,

Bill I would like to apologize for all these tire kickers that seem to know the exact price on this saw, it seams that they have all taken a page out of Obamas book

Back