stihl 041 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

041project

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 41av with a chainbrake I'm looking for a clutch assembly that goes with it. I think the clutch is a little different from the standard one as it has an extra washer on the bearing and also a different plate to engage the chainbrake. Does anyone know where I can locate the assembly had no luck with e-bay or any of the chainsaw spares places they all seem to have the standard type?

Not that I can be of any help with parts, but is this the clutch you are looking for?

From what Lakeside said in a previous thread (search for 031 clutch) you can use one type of brake with the normal clutch. I'm not sure how many of the parts are common with yours, but it sounds like it an easier alternative.

Good luck,

-John

JohnO that is exactly the clutch I am looking for. Thanks chainsaw guy I will e-mail you and hopefully you have one, fingers crossed.

As I understand it, you'll need the clutch pictured above if you want to keep the original feature of chain brake with clutch release. The typical chain brakes do not release the clutch so the clutch and brake fight each other if you were to rev the engine with the brake on.

Most saws don't have the clutch release, so it really isn't needed unless you want to keep it original. You should still be able to have a brake system with a standard clutch.

Then again, I've never used a saw with a chain brake (because I'm too cheap to buy a newer saw, not because I'm anti-safety), so maybe I'm mixed up on this.

-John

yes unfortunately i do need that specific clutch. If anyone has one i would be grateful and more than willing to pay for one..........the hunt continues!

Latest posts

Back