Stihl 041 full wrap handle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can the clutch side part of the 041 full wrap handle be removed? It looks like there is a slip connection on top just to the left of the mount bracket with the starter side inserted into the clutch side handle. I am having to remove my stumps ALAP in a patch I have been working for 4 years (lots of stumps). They range from 30" at ground level on up to over 4 ft. and that portion of the handle is a handicap in this work.

Harry K

fishhuntcutwood said:
You've been talking to SawTroll haven't you! :laugh:

Sorry SawTroll, couldn't resist. :angel: Are we still buddies?

As far as the handlebar, sorry, I don't know.

Jeff

Well, I guess it is 'on the bench and see what happens' .
I need to transfer the dogs from the inboard side out to the chain cover again too.

Harry K

Salutations,

I wouldn't get too worried about this. How about I send you a 1/2 wrap I removed from my saw. it's in very good condition. Send me an addy via PM or email and I'll get it on the way, pro bono of course. From PDX, mail time should be about 3-4 days.

This will give me the incentive to get the other packages I've been needing to send on their way, some for nearly 6 months. Thanks for the excuse, truly meant.

C-

fishhuntcutwood said:
Why? Just curious.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Jeff

The root/ground swell results in the dogs running in air if they are on the inboard side. Just another nuisance I am trying to eliminate with this job. I am not doing too well so far, only 3 stumps each time I go out. Hoping the mod to the saw will help a bunch.

Harry K

Beavergirl said:
Salutations,

I wouldn't get too worried about this. How about I send you a 1/2 wrap I removed from my saw. it's in very good condition. Send me an addy via PM or email and I'll get it on the way, pro bono of course. From PDX, mail time should be about 3-4 days.

This will give me the incentive to get the other packages I've been needing to send on their way, some for nearly 6 months. Thanks for the excuse, truly meant.

C-

Really appreciate the offer. ADDY sent via PM.

Harry K

Back