Stihl 041AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etown

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently got an 041 AV and have picked up some valuable info from the site for the past month and now am finally posting. First off, I'm new to chainsaws so please bear with me.
My saw runs but there are a couple of thing that I'd like to fine tune. While running the saw makes a kind of "ringing sound" wile idling. Having looked around I've figured out it's the part of the clutch assembly that turns the chain. It has some play and the clutch "taps" it many times during idle causing the noise. Any ideas on a fix.
Also having looked at the clutch closely it looks as if there are pads on the shoes one of which has worn don completely and another is on it's way out. Am I looking at a new clutch or is there another fix.
Finally, what kind of is parts compatibility is there between saws. I'm looking at a non running 041AV Farmboss w/chainbreak (mine has none) for parts, any issues there. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers,
Etienne

You probably need to replace your 3 clutch springs - about $1.25 or so each.. Check your clutch drum for wear in the bearing section at the same time - some play is o.k. but it should not be excessive. If your pads are worn way down,you need to replace them. Easiest way is to get used shoes in good condition, or, you can buy new shoes but they tend to be pricey.

Most of the FB<>AV parts are the same. Download the IPL from www.giftsofwood.com and you see what works and what doesn't.

Latest posts

Back