Stihl 044 pin size...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi Gents.
I know I've read it somewhere before but can't seem to find it via the search function.
I have an issue at the moment where the two 044/MS440 kits I sold on eBay both have the wrong pin size for the saws they were bought for. From memory earlier 044's had a 10mm pin and the later model 044's and MS440's had a 12mm pin. Can anybody shed any light on model numbers, manufacture dates etc? This was something I overlooked in my eBay ad and am now having trouble supplying 10mm pistons - both customers are being very nice about it though which is great and a pleasant change. Funnily enough both contacted me today within hours of one another.
Also if anybody has a fix or remedy that'd be grand :cheers:
Thanks guys :)

From Bailey's-

Fits the following chainsaws:

Stihl 044 after serial number X 29 382 283, MS 440

Note Older 044 chainsaws made before serial number 29 382 283 have a 10mm wrist pin. In order to make this assembly to fit you will need to also purchase PKM 044 as that piston has and accepts the 10mm pin.

From Bailey's-

Fits the following chainsaws:

Stihl 044 after serial number X 29 382 283, MS 440

Note Older 044 chainsaws made before serial number 29 382 283 have a 10mm wrist pin. In order to make this assembly to fit you will need to also purchase PKM 044 as that piston has and accepts the 10mm pin.

Thanks mate - I didn't even think of checking Baileys :cheers:

Latest posts

Back