stihl 044 top end question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am LOLing at the "10mm 044's have issues". :laugh: I have 2 of them... both built in '92 or '93. Both have the large port stock exhaust and both cylinders are stock. They simply rip... Prolly my all time favorite saw to fall with. Been thinkin' about havin' one of the cylinders "cleaned up a bit", and see how it does... :)

Nowthen... the BB kits... they are just a bunch of junk if ya ask me... You couldn't pay me to use one.

Gary

The reality is, your experiences won't be the same as others'...what works for you won't necessarily work for say, the guy bumping knots on a landing or a hotshot crew sawyer doing heavy initial attack on a rolling large fire. Your saws see occasional use, they are not running hard 8-10 hours a day.

:laugh: Yup... Well... me and the little lady just moved into a place on 3 acres and I now got a 40X40 shop... there will be lots of saw work on that property in the next year. :)

Gary

Back