Stihl 045AV No Spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potzie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and was looking for advice re chainsaw repair.
I have been lucky enough to get a 045AV from my father-in-law. Unfortunately it has no spark. I have stripped it down to test the ignition components, and need a little help identifting the faulty part.
It does not have points, just a stator and HT coil. I measured the resistance on the HT coil which appears to be OK (0.6-0.8ohm primary and 2.8Kohm secondary).
I am not sure how to test the stator, and what the resistance should be between the body and output terminal. It currently measures around 4-6Mohm.

These two components have been superceded by a single unit from Stihl. They want ridiculous money for this(25% of a new chainsaw), so I was looking for alternatives, as the rest of the chainsaw is in good condition.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
NZ

Dave, go back to the main "forums" page, then scroll dow...way down to the "Equipment Forums" then to "Chainsaws". There is a gazillion guys there that know their stuff & can answer your question. I don't know why the site doesn't put the chainsaw forum up top because it does cause some confusioin to new folks. Someone here probably knows the answer, but you will get a quicker response "downstairs" Good luck!
RD

Latest posts

Back