Stihl 046 ms460 handle/ tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmemmert

jmemmert

ArboristSite Member
Would the rear handle/tank from an 044 fit on the 046 If i changed the carb studs? How hard would that be?

Does anybody have a handle/tank that they could part with?... or know someone that does?

thanks.

Jon

Cameljoe73

Cameljoe73

ArboristSite Operative
I have 3 spare 044 tank/handle assembly's.. all 3 are cracked, 2 through the tank, 1 though the handle. The last one is usable, it holds gas fine, but the handle has been JB welded, and don't look very nice. You would have to be in a super hurry, and super broke to put it back in service, but if you get this desperate, I'll give it to ya.

I just checked ebay for ya, and there is only 1 on there right now, and its cracked through the tank like 2 of mine, don't think thats an option.

Last edited:
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
The 044 filter cover and carb backing plate will also need to be used, and if you care, won't match the 460 top cover.

Also, you'll loose some power - the air-intake of the 460 is much better than the 044.

I did the reverse on my own saw - put an 046 tank etc on a 440.. There's a thread about it somewhere...

forestryworks

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 044 filter cover and carb backing plate will also need to be used, and if you care, won't match the 460 top cover.

Also, you'll loose some power - the air-intake of the 460 is much better than the 044.

I did the reverse on my own saw - put an 046 tank etc on a 440.. There's a thread about it somewhere...

is this a thread you did, andy?

i haven't found it yet