stihl 056av super bar/chain number

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have any bars listed over 36" here in the UK but the 056 takes the 3003series of bar ie not large mount like the 880

OK, if it takes the 3003 mount, then there is no listing for anything over 36", according to the Stihl "Saw Chain Selection" PDF that I am looking at.

Of course, you can get a 42 inch bar, it just won't be a Stihl bar. Woodland Pro/Cannon should be no problem.

OK, if it takes the 3003 mount, then there is no listing for anything over 36", according to the Stihl "Saw Chain Selection" PDF that I am looking at.

Of course, you can get a 42 inch bar, it just won't be a Stihl bar. Woodland Pro/Cannon should be no problem.

i have a standard mount stihl bar that is 45" for tail to tip. it has a new loop of 3/8. ill get a product number...

for sale if anyone is interested...

i have a standard mount stihl bar that is 45" for tail to tip. it has a new loop of 3/8. ill get a product number...

for sale if anyone is interested...

Bars are not measured "tail to tip", but from the front of the saw case to the bar tip - it also is "nominal", not the exact actual measure. I still believe your bar has to be longer than a 36" one though - what is the dl count of that chain? :confused:

"Dawgs" substract from the useful bar length, but not from the nominal one.

Last edited:
Bars are not measured "tail to tip", but from the front of the saw case to the bar tip - it also is "nominal", not the exact actual measure. I still believe your bar has to be longer than a 36" one though - what is the dl count of that chain? :confused:

"Dawgs" substract from the useful bar length, but not from the nominal one.

i know that bars arent measured from tip to tail, but i 2000 kms aways and had to have my wife measure it... i also cant get her to count the dl, ill try to get the part number... memory tells me that its a 41", but i am not sure...

bottom line is that standard mount bars do come longer than 36"....

Back