Stihl 064av rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@glock37

He did it all. The high temp powder is a different animal I’m told.

i seen videos of Matt Olsen I believe milling a case to lower squish. But that’s ingenious mounting the cylinder and facing off the bottom of the cylinder. I’d like to see a pic of the end where he had the live center. Is that an 064 cylinder? I have a big enough lathe I could do that and retain a base gasket. I’ll have to measure squish tonight after my meteor piston gets here. As long as you indicate the cylinder base and it’s good to .001”, and the cylinder is held good enough, facing the bottom is doable. There’s way more people with a lathe than a mill.

So I have the 064 all apart. I’m not saying I have a leak in the tank because I don’t know, I never fueled it. But I notice the fuel tank is multiple parts. The right side is the whole molded handle/tank, and it has the see through left side that has the cap. What are they using to join the parts so there isn’t a leak? I’d rather reseal them now that’s it’s apart rather than wait to find out I have leak later when I’m ready to fire it up....

Latest posts

Back