Stihl 066 can't get it to four stroke WOT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of submerging a saw in water. Put 10 PSI of air pressure to it and spray all possible areas with something like windex.

Are not you afraid to use 10psi for crank case pressure test? Wouldn't you be concerned about oil seal integrity at that pressure level?

My concern is that 10 psi could damage oil seals. I've always been told to test no more of 5-6 psi, just for this reason.

If you have other useful and different experiences , I would be happy to hear them about.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Are not you afraid to use 10psi for crank case pressure test? Wouldn't you be concerned about oil seal integrity at that pressure level?

My concern is that 10 psi could damage oil seals. I've always been told to test no more of 5-6 psi, just for this reason.

If you have other useful and different experiences , I would be happy to hear them about.

I use no more than 5-6psi
the saw is blocked off and pressurized so I can't see it hurting it,a quick dunk is all it takes.

I've never had a problem.

IMG_20170508_101548.jpg IMG_20170428_163531.jpg IMG_20170425_151250.jpg IMG_20170424_182135.jpg

Some pics of when I first got it, taking the cylinder off, new piston kit installed

Attachments

• IMG_20170424_160201.jpg
    IMG_20170424_160201.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
If the problem is gone then you narrowed it down, if it returns, it's the coil.:cool:

I put a used unlimited coil from chainsawr in it. It looks decent, I still have the limited coil and wheel if testing or a swap is required. Thanks everyone for your posts and company! Let's mill some lumber

I ported a red light saw for a faller who wanted it all original, I told him after a couple days he would be sick of it on the limiter. He made it a week before I switched it to a unlimited setup.
This is it here,the light is cool though.

Latest posts

Back