Stihl 066 to mount a 064 cylinder on..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jltrent

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A lot of info on putting an 066 cylinder on an 064, but nothing I found vice versa. Everybody wants to go bigger, but would it be feasible to put an 064 cylinder on an 066 crankcase? Could the holes be made to mount correctly. From my experience there is very little difference in power and usually an 064 cylinder will have better compression.

Is there enough metal to move the holes out? Or would you need to make a holdown collar?

Didn’t the 064 have that well thought out bar smack in the middle of the intake tract.
That really must of helped getting the charge in.

Is there enough metal to move the holes out? Or would you need to make a holdown collar?
That is the question....going from m5 to m6 bolts and then widen the pattern out. The best bet would maybe use a file and make sure all the hole enlargement it width only. Thanks for the info as I will compare the 066 gasket closely to the bottom of the 064 cylinder and maybe try it. Lots of info going bigger, but none I could find going littler. Everybody wants a big bore.

Latest posts

Back