• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 070 or 090 Project or Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All -

It has become apparent to me that I will not be satisfied with my saw collection unless I have the hemi Cuda of saws -- the 090. EDIT - I'm fine with a 070, too. Something I could upgrade to 137 cc with the larger jug and piston.

The long-haired General wouldn't approve of me dropping $1000 for a complete one, so I'm looking for a project, collection of parts, etc. Just interested in OEM parts, not Chinese knockoffs.

Shipping to U.S. zip code - either 09620 (FPO/APO - I'm active duty Army) or 19044 (Pennsylvania).

Thanks!

Scott

Scott, I'm in Pennsylvania as well. I could sell you a mint 070 for under a grand and eventually you can upgrade and super size the piston cylinder and clutch and you'd have a mint 090. Pm me if you like. Stay away from all out projects as 090 stihls can get expensive quick.

William -

Thanks for the reply. Did a bit of research and now I understand where you're coming from with the 070. Same basic saw, just a larger bore on the 090 and better clutch. I edited my post to indicate that I would be fine with an 070 as well.

Something close to a grand is a bit of a stretch for me right now. I'll let you know if that changes.

Scott

Good deal. Get an illustrated parts list and figure out what else you need. The clutch and oem piston and cylinder will set you back about $800. You can try an aftermarket top end but its a gamble.

If you are ever in Pennsylvania I'll be happy to give you a hand with her. I've had quite a few apart and quite a few still on my shelf.

Back