stihl 075/076?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmorc60

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I have a stihl 075 or an 076 name tag is missing can anyone tell me what are the differences in the two saws Thanks Fred

also, if your pulley cover looks like this it's an 075
DSC01783.jpg

if it looks like this it's an 076
CopyofDSC01779.jpg

The aux oilers... at Acres, the same picture is shown for both the 075 and 076 and it shows an aux oiler.... which saw is shown I don't know, they show it from the clutch side.

Are the air filters for those still available for purchase new?

Ian

The aux oilers... at Acres, the same picture is shown for both the 075 and 076 and it shows an aux oiler.... which saw is shown I don't know, they show it from the clutch side.

Ian

Not sure on the076/075 filters, but I did get a new filter for my 041 super from Thall who is a stihl dealer. The 041 filter is just a smaller version of the 076/075 filter, so it is a good possibility they can still be had. The saw picture on Acres sight for the 076 listing IS an 075 (top oil fill) also on the specs for the 075 under oil pump it says automatic with manual backup. The specs for the 076 say only automatic for the 076. Mike has had some mistakes on his site before ,but this has been my experience with the oilers as well.

Ian

i've been having no problems getting parts for my 076/051 project. Shouldn't do as most of them cross over to the ts760. I'm sure the filter would. Anyway, they seem to keep the filters and disposable parts in good supply

i've been having no problems getting parts for my 076/051 project. Shouldn't do as most of them cross over to the ts760. I'm sure the filter would. Anyway, they seem to keep the filters and disposable parts in good supply

The 076 and 051 are still made, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Althought this wouldn't include the filtration system, theTS510 and theTS760 cutoff saws share many parts in common with the chainsaw variants (pistons, cylinders, handles, AV mounts, ignitions, and most of the smaller bits. I believe the cutoff versions were made well after the saws and are still supported to some extent.

according to my stihl dealer the air filter is still available. i think the cutoff saws only stopped production in the last 2-3 years.....

if anyone knows where to get a chain brake conversion kit for 051, id appreciate the hint. my 051 doesnt have the brake handle ear on the crankcase above the oil tank, so i need either the kit or otherwise replace the case, im also in the market for a cylinder(and a pdf service manual, i can make the pdf if someone wants to mail me theirs for a loaner) for my 048(cant seem to find many of these either).

manual

according to my stihl dealer the air filter is still available. i think the cutoff saws only stopped production in the last 2-3 years.....

if anyone knows where to get a chain brake conversion kit for 051, id appreciate the hint. my 051 doesnt have the brake handle ear on the crankcase above the oil tank, so i need either the kit or otherwise replace the case, im also in the market for a cylinder(and a pdf service manual, i can make the pdf if someone wants to mail me theirs for a loaner) for my 048(cant seem to find many of these either).

I just bought manuals for the 051 on ebay $8.00 US

jpmorc60 said:
What type of muffler cover do they have half or full if full could you get a good pic of where the upper right bolt hole attches to. my saw only has a half guard and I don't see any place to bolt the full cover to. Thanks Fred

IMG_0301.jpg

This is what showed up with the mail today.

very nice, must have been a nice parcel for the postman!

Seeing as this is turning into a show n tell, here's what I've just been up to:
DSC00231.jpg

+
DSC00227.jpg

MTX.45
=
DSC01784.jpg

076!
I just need an 076 nametag now. But the guy selling them on ebay seems to be gone now, or his tags are... I guess cheapstihlsawparts has some though?

Latest posts

Back