Stihl 075 cylinder OEM - ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlNAlberta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm just working on a Stihl 075 rebuild and wanted to know if the cylinder I am treating is an OEM cylinder. It has some aluminum deposits which I am cleaning up w/acid. There are no Stihl markings on it but a 871/1A marked on the base of the head. I hate to spend too much time on it if it's Chinese.

I have also been toying around with reusing the piston v.s. The new 1111 030 2002 Stihl Kit I have on my shelf. The piston has seen better days but no ring stick. It does unfortunately fall out of the cylinder when tested for gap w/o rings.

..... So I decided to have a look at my OEM kit (180.00) and much to my surprise when I pulled the shiny new piston out of the box there was a broken half of a ring sitting in the bottom of the box! I'll deal with the return this week but I was pretty surprised. Must have been a long bumpy ride from Brazil.

This has lead me to look at cylinder options and they seem to be limited to Chinese, India, OEM and I see Meteor makes one for the 070 but not too sure if it's compatable with the 075/076's. Anyone know?? Think I will stay away from the others, although 25.00-30.00 v.s. 180.00 sure is tough.

Not sure about the cylinder markings but I'm pretty sure a 070 jug won't fit on a 075/076

I was more interested in the "slug" ..... It states its a 58mm.

I didn't think so, too bad from what I understand they are pretty good quality compared to others.

Latest posts

Back