Stihl 08 no start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HL carbs had a screw on the left side (between the L and H screws) used to empty the carburetor prior to storage (at least I believe that was its function)... The last person using the saw probably forgot to replace the screw.

- Tank vent is a short length of fuel line with a set screw pushed, not screwed into it. If the set screw is screwed in, it will cut into the fuel line causing a seal instead of allowing it to vent.
It is an old thread, but got a similar problem. My Stihl 08s waas a bit hard to start, but recently, the pull rope cut and I had to replace it. Before it cut, the chainsaw was cutting off when I tild the nose downwards too much, by milling some lumber.

So, I replaced the rope and tried to start it with no joy. Sparks plug gives good spark, checked air and fuel filter, both cleaned. I checked the tank vent and I saw the screw was screwed in all the waz. I unscrewed it thinking it has a valve in it for the air, but there was none. So I screwed it back in( then I saw this post). Also, the piece of fuel line(tank vent) is quite hard/stiff.
When I tried to start the saw, it was successfull. But did not got much time to test. So, what should I do with the vent now, as screw is screwed in( was like that)? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back