Stihl 088 chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Woody

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for Stihl semi-skip chain for a Stihl 41 inch bar, 404 pitch and .063. I think it is 123 drive links.

The Stihl sales brochure lists a recommended chain but is that full comp?

Also would full skip be better? If so do you have that number?

The local dealer has no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Time for a new Stihl dealer dude. He can't answer a simple chain question,that's lame.

I don't know the answer either since I don't run Stihl's and I'm not a dealer.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you doing screwing around w/ an 088 and a 41" bar if you don't know the answer? That would concern me.

Maybe check the owners manual. I know Husky manuals list the recommended chain and bar combos that work best with the saw. :)

Semi skip is not a very popular chain configuration .Go with full comp,or full skip.

46RMF-number of drive links This is semi chisel full skip.

Stihl doesn't make semi skip in 404 and they only make 404 full chisel in square file. That number is 46rslf-number of drive links

Hope this helps

thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I just needed the numbers to go and order from the dealer. Its easier than having to sit there for 15 minutes or more while they call Bryan equipment to get the answers everytime.

The saw is an 090 being delivered in two weeks and I wanted to get the chain since I have the bar already.

Here the stihl dealer sells about 8 different lawn mower brands, John Deer and Kubota tractors, Honda generators and tillers and who knows what else. The parts guys can't ever do anything without a part number, especially regarding large chainsaws since they never sell any of them.

Thanks again!

Back