Stihl 090 for sale...$2250???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about buying this one, but I just spent my last $3,975.00 (+ $127.88 shipping) on a nice dinner with the girlfriend.
Seriously, if I found a tree in SW Virginia that I had to use a 7 foot bar on, it'd go into the state records and a chainsaw wouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of it!
Just. Damn.

Look at the DAWGS on that monster! With a full chisel chain, you'd smother from the sawdust piled up around you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291586354208?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291586354208?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thought about buying this one, just spent my last $3,975.00 (+ $127.88 shipping) on a nice dinner with the girlfriend.
Seriously, if I found a tree in SW Virginia that I had to use a 7 foot bar on, it'd go into the state records and a chainsaw wouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of it!
Just. Damn.

Look at the DAWGS on that monster! With a full chisel chain, you'd smother from the sawdust piled up around you.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That ain't nothin, here is my 8 foot bar after a friend cut a 10 foot Sequoia with it. also all three of my 090's have those big 5" dogs as the big trees can have 3 - 4 inch thick bark.
0818151003a.jpg

That ain't nothin, here is my 8 foot bar after a friend cut a 10 foot Sequoia with it. also all three of my 090's have those big 5" dogs as the big trees can have 3 - 4 inch thick bark.
View attachment 469202
That's awesome! Now what do you do with a tree that big once it's on the ground? Send it to a mill? Firewood?

That's awesome! Now what do you do with a tree that big once it's on the ground? Send it to a mill? Firewood?
Probably the same as I do. Cut it into logs and load in the truck. :ices_rofl:
Of course, the standard 18" may not apply. I think the 'logs' would need to be so short, they'd be discs you could see through...

Well the original intent was to cut two 10 foot lengths and bring one to a gtg and the other to Antique Powerland for saw demonstrations. However the entire 20 foot section was stolen and cut up for firewood within three days. This was in a park in the open and nobody saw anything? Well it makes poor firewood so thats about the only consolation.

Well the original intent was to cut two 10 foot lengths and bring one to a gtg and the other to Antique Powerland for saw demonstrations. However the entire 20 foot section was stolen and cut up for firewood within three days. This was in a park in the open and nobody saw anything? Well it makes poor firewood so thats about the only consolation.
That's too bad. Just shows the saying is true that people will steal damn near anything that's not nailed down.
On the flip side, if you'd put a sign out that said FREE FIREWOOD, it's would still be sitting there rotting. Heard a story a while back about someone who was trying to give away a bicycle on Craigslist, etc. They even put it out on their curb with a FREE BIKE sign. Still no luck. They then put a sign on it that said BICYCLE- $150....and it was gone by the next morning.

Sounds about right. Last time I set some free stuff by the road the sonsabitches took the free stuff and my sign.

Hey Guys, everyone says they don't believe that the 090s sell for that. Well I fully restored one a year ago, and following advice from others, and the cost of restore, I posted it for 2500. It took less than a month to sell for full asking. I had so much money into it that I really didn't make money, a few bucks maybe, but every part was real stihl from 090s, and the response was overwhelming. I met, and made some very decent friends actually. Only one heckler, he thought it was funny and outrageous to offer at that price, made a joke of offering to trade his quad, was pretty funny actually, but when I posted it sold for full asking, it got quiet on the heckler front. Don't forget it took months to restore it, it wasn't a 500 dollar saw, coat of paint and tune up, it was stripped and ground up restore. That saw though, until you run one, it won't make sense. I went up the mountain, to run some trials where everyone cuts firewood, usually 10 or 20 people there. When I started it up, it's so beastly and distinctive, it just growls. Then one by one every other saw shut off, and trucks came out of the wood work to see what the hec made that noise. Every person wanted to try it, and they all said, holy crap what a beast, and it is. Those saws are more than saws, their memories for the real old timers, who used to run them, I got so many private messages from that generation saying what an amazing thing I had done. One gentleman, old timer, used to out with his dad and they each had one, and he said just looking at that saw brought him a tear, which was wiped and never happened, of course. My point is, those saws are more than saws, their.history, and their memories, and no other saw will bring back those memories like the 090. I hope this answered the original posters question. If you look at it and see nothing but a over powered saw, you will never get it. I ran that saw, I've run a lot of saws, but that saw, honestly, it scared me a bit. That's 137 cc, 13hp handing off your arm, or a bit more depending, and that saw could cut off something so fast you wouldn't even know it, and its heavy. I cut a few logs, and the weight did it itself, I just kept the cut straight, well the dogs did actually, but, it's so much torque, your basically just a throttle puller. If you read this and laugh, that's cool, you won't get it, but, a lot will, and those that understand.

Latest posts

Back