Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlon

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you might be able to pick up a Stihl 090? I'm in Ireland and can't find one... Thanks!

I'm not saying he shouldn't, but with the Chinese clones set to roll out soon and what's likely a limited collector market in Ireland, I'd be a little hesitant to pull the trigger on one just now.

Bit worried about Chinese knock offs as well. They're already using Homelite name. Was hoping to find good quality used original. Seem to be very rare, at least in this part of the world. Thanks for replies. Might get lucky yet...

Bit worried about Chinese knock offs as well. They're already using Homelite name. Was hoping to find good quality used original. Seem to be very rare, at least in this part of the world. Thanks for replies. Might get lucky yet...
You'll find one eventually. AS member @davidmajor gets a lot of those old stihl saws, and he might be able to hook you up with one. I've been looking for a Mac 10-10 locally for 2-3 years now and just found one yesterday. You just have to be able to wait a while, they do turn up every so often.

090's are getting thin on ground here, when they do pop up usually it's for an unreal price. If your collecting good luck, if your looking to run one for whatever reason the China parts or kits are an option.

Appreciate all the info coming in. New member here and finding site and members very helpful! Thanks to all.

I figure it's just a matter of time before fakes and hybrid saws start hitting the market and who knows what it will do to the values of the real deal. I'm not too worried about the collector value of my old 066, but if I were laying out $2000 or more for a nice 090 it would concern me.

Latest posts

Back