Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have to say that is pretty gosh darn sad that you ruined a good gear. I offered to help with a puller and never heard from you. Others offered to help you build a puller. In any event the damage is now done. The gear was not welded on. It may feel that way but that is the way Stihl heated and put them on. I have pulled many 090G and BLK gears. Yes I get irritated but never broke one pulling it. They are tough but they do come off.:frown:

can't wait to see the finished product. a vid is manditory i would think. i do have a question on this saw? as to the top cover on this saw has the stihl logo cast in, where all the other 090's i've seen have the plate riveted on. is this an early saw ? hope everybody had a good hollyday. and again i thank everyone that has contributed to this prodject and all that hope to have this old horse. .. thank you all. fraser.

can't wait to see the finished product. a vid is manditory i would think. i do have a question on this saw? as to the top cover on this saw has the stihl logo cast in, where all the other 090's i've seen have the plate riveted on. is this an early saw ? hope everybody had a good hollyday. and again i thank everyone that has contributed to this prodject and all that hope to have this old horse. .. thank you all. fraser.

For the 1106 series,
The Raised cast letters were from the early versions-style.
The 090G and 090AV models during that period would have had the sticker with that on the air filter.
Later versions used the metal badges on the cover and air filter.

Hope to have a update loaded up and posted later today after I finish the honey do list!!!

Well I have to say that is pretty gosh darn sad that you ruined a good gear. I offered to help with a puller and never heard from you. Others offered to help you build a puller. In any event the damage is now done. The gear was not welded on. It may feel that way but that is the way Stihl heated and put them on. I have pulled many 090G and BLK gears. Yes I get irritated but never broke one pulling it. They are tough but they do come off.:frown:

I did try to contact you. Your PM box is full. I did use a puller too, as well as LOTS of heat. There was a bur on the shaft that I believe had it locked on.

Muffler is pretty much done!
Just have to grind-sand the ####ens out of it and fill any iffy spots (cosmetic).
Loaded up the brazing video, hope to get it chopped up and posted this evening.
Then all I have to do is cut up a handful of chains and get them sent to Brad.

Sure would like to see this bring AT LEAST $2000!

Vid is loaded and needs loaded to youtube!
Have to get some sleep!

Dealt with a meth head-crack head-D bag break in on a rental and became Bob Villa and Tim the tool man in one!
Having the tools is key! Plus Keystone, plus coffee, plus a wife that is a slave driver got her done!!!!!

Brad should if all goes well have everything by this coming weekend or Monday!

The pics of the Bar and chain assortment will be a sight!!!!

good stuff matt. been intrigued by brazing and done some reading. would really love to see someone start an instructional thread on that. thanks for your time and effort on this project. oh, also brad and the others.

Latest posts

Back