Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got off the phone with him. He will be calling Northeast STIHL in the AM to confirm where the bracket is coming from. Its still on his online pick list....which he says is a good thing?! Just seems to me that this is taking WAY too long. I've never waited more than a week and a half or so for parts.

I appreciate your effort. You're doing everything that you can.

Mueller? Anyone?

Come Bradly!!
All good here with the muffler and (bar and chains).
Had A LOT of work with her besides just a couple holes.
And last night was are anniversary so the bride made me get cleaned up for the evening!!!

Brad I am sending NOS bar and new chains.
Hate to see the saw tested with them.
Sure you got some hangin around for that.

If I get off on time I will check back this evening.
Every one seems to want there power on!! LOL

As with the videos, if you look closely, it wasn't just a few holes.
That baby was cooked! It has had just as much work done after "part 6" as with all 6 parts combined.

OK....my buddy called the distributor with no luck.
HOWEVER....the guy whom he spoke with knows a guy, who knows a cousin...blah blah..etc..that is a collector and might possibly have one for us. Lets all cross our fingers. This bracket is turning out to be harder to find than kryptonite.

Let it be known!

FREAKIN MUFFLER IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spent the last 3 sessions chasing holes, then cutting the area out and adding a piece of metal, and again and again and again!!!! you get the picture! Brazing was weld, if the area got to big then I cut that small area out and added steel. Then the final sand blasting showed some areas I wasn't happy with and I just dealt with them!

And ya Brad, doubt I will step up for this duty any time soon! Unless I trip!!! LOL!!
Going to hit it with some black H-temp paint and cook the ####ens out of it over night!

Pics and ships out tomorrow!!!

Will post in and the ETA of bar, chains, rim drum departure.

Let it be known!

FREAKIN MUFFLER IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spent the last 3 sessions chasing holes, then cutting the area out and adding a piece of metal, and again and again and again!!!! you get the picture! Brazing was weld, if the area got to big then I cut that small area out and added steel. Then the final sand blasting showed some areas I wasn't happy with and I just dealt with them!

And ya Brad, doubt I will step up for this duty any time soon! Unless I trip!!! LOL!!
Going to hit it with some black H-temp paint and cook the ####ens out of it over night!

Pics and ships out tomorrow!!!

Will post in and the ETA of bar, chains, rim drum departure.

Awesome! I can only imagine what you've had to deal with:bang:

As for the gap, it is TIGHT!!!!
Well within tolerances!

And the muffler continues to kick my butt!
Touched up 2 more welds, putting my lil'dragon to bed, hang with the bride a touch and spend the night in the garage on a midnight prep and paint mission.

Vid coming!!
And a couple pics!

Hopefully Intermountain STIHL has better connections that Northeast STIHL.
Let me know when and if one is found. As I mentioned before to Brad, I will pay the cost or donate the cost of the bracket to the charity.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how much had changed. I will make sure to add the note.

Do to restrictions on how we are now able to run this, please PM me directly and I will give you payment options. We can not list them directly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Latest posts

Back