Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had the shop call Stihl Northwest and put this into the system but it would take them at least two
weeks to find out if they have it.

Isn't possible though to just mail the part to the winner at a later date?

I think most people are gonna want to see this saw in action before they purchase tickets. I personally would rather the date was pushed back for a completed saw rather than receiving a partially assembled saw. You guys have been posting the problems encountered with restoring a rare antique saw. I think most people would understand the delay cosidering the efforts you guys have put in to this. What's another week or two. If you show people a nice finished product they will be more likely to purchase tickets IMHO.

I know this lady who married this guy!
Will have his people get with her people!
Keep your fingers crossed!

I think most people are gonna want to see this saw in action before they purchase tickets. I personally would rather the date was pushed back for a completed saw rather than receiving a partially assembled saw. You guys have been posting the problems encountered with restoring a rare antique saw. I think most people would understand the delay cosidering the efforts you guys have put in to this. What's another week or two. If you show people a nice finished product they will be more likely to purchase tickets IMHO.

I agree entirely.

Guys, I feel kinda bad for all the trouble yer goin through, but greatly appreciate it. It will all come together. Don't stress out over it please. That saw is gonna be awesome when it's done:rock:

So let it be official, the "charity drive" for the 090G will end on Saturday February 11th! I have been listening and have heard what is going on and there is no reason we can't let this go on a few more weeks in order to bring in more money for Stumpy.

Brad - can you fix the beginning post with the new end date please?

Teddy has been down and out for the last 3 days. Ended up getting IV fluids and still is not making it out of bed to do much other than help plow his grandma's driveway (we got 1 1/2 feet of snow today!). He will do his best to be up and running tomorrow to get the info out to those that need it to keep this process moving along.

Big thanks to 54Stude for helping out with the bracket.

Teddy has been down and out for the last 3 days. Ended up getting IV fluids and still is not making it out of bed to do much other than help plow his grandma's driveway (we got 1 1/2 feet of snow today!). He will do his best to be up and running tomorrow to get the info out to those that need it to keep this process moving along.

Big thanks to 54Stude for helping out with the bracket.

Tell him to settle in and heal up. :cheers:

Could not have said it better. We just need to keep in mind the objective, it is not to rebuild a great old saw, but rather to help a friend whom many of us have yet to meet.

I am continually in awe of the generous hearts of AS members. JR

Teddy.scout and I have this taken care of. He is sending my dimensions, and a bracket to copy, and I will machine it.

I'm sure it is the case all across the country, but from living in MN while going to college I found that MN has some very good machinists. This is great to have someone jump in and solve the problem.
It's become sort of business as usual here on AS. JR

I was just thinking this morning. We should go ahead and send Stumpy the donations that have come in so far. Its not doing anyone any good just setting in a PP account. I see no reason to wait until the charity drive ends. I figure the quicker we get it to Stumpy, the better.

I was just thinking this morning. We should go ahead and send Stumpy the donations that have come in so far. Its not doing anyone any good just setting in a PP account. I see no reason to wait until the charity drive ends. I figure the quicker we get it to Stumpy, the better.

FWIW ... I second this thought.

I third or fourth or whatever. JR

Thats what I sent it for, I agree send it..

Back