Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you still have donation tickets, im new here so im just kind of getting caught up

yes but they are not "raffle tickets" for payment purposes we are calling it a donation. Had issues with restrictions on classifications with PayPal. I'll PM you with payment options. Thanks for wanting to get in on the action!

Last edited by a moderator:
if worse comes to worse, and you can't find them at all, I can machine some and get them to you if you can get me some specs/rough drawings etc.
Wouldn't be "mint" but it'd be better than not having anything. I've got the aluminum here.

Maybe Brad will lend you the one he has for mock-up?

My father is a machinist and has many machine shop owner buddies including one I work at part time. The only way to make that part "properly" is to have one in hand or have a detailed drawing if you want it to look OEM. Machined outta 6061 billet, that bracket will be 10x stronger than its sand cast counterpart.

I work here part time...
Home Page

My father is the lead dog in the programming dept here...
http://dkia.net/home.html

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Brad, is this a picture of the part you need fabricated for the 090?

I'm going to ask this publicly rather than in PM, since I have had numerous offers to help. Who had three capsules and time to make this part the quickest? From a non-machinist viewpoint, it looks like it would be rather simple to make. We're getting up against a deadline here and need to make this happen quickly. PleasePM me if you've got the spare time to do this quickly. Thanks again for everyones generous help! BTW, I will supply mine for a template.

Brad.....the following is a message from my father in Ft.Lauderdale....

"I can model one if I had it in my hands, but getting the machine time to make it would be 2-3 weeks".

Let me know what you wanna do. I said I would get one, and I like to be known as a man of my word.
The cost of building one from scratch is about 20x the purchase cost, but I am willing to pay that price so that my reputation doesnt go to sh!t.

He is the machine shop manager for http://dkia.net/home.html

Brad.....the following is a message from my father in Ft.Lauderdale....

"I can model one if I had it in my hands, but getting the machine time to make it would be 2-3 weeks".

Let me know what you wanna do. I said I would get one, and I like to be known as a man of my word.
The cost of building one from scratch is about 20x the purchase cost, but I am willing to pay that price so that my reputation doesnt go to sh!t.

He is the machine shop manager for DK International Assoc, Inc. Contract Engineering & Manufacturing Solutions

I don't think anyone here expects you to pay through the nose like that. There are a lot of members here with mills and lathes, or access to them.

We just need to run some recon and get someone on board that has the capability to do it.

You've kicked but volunteering, I commend your effort. :cheers:

I don't think anyone here expects you to pay through the nose like that. There are a lot of members here with mills and lathes, or access to them.

We just need to run some recon and get someone on board that has the capability to do it.

You've kicked but volunteering, I commend your effort. :cheers:

If we can spare the time it would take to get an original sent to Ft.Lauderdale and the material on the machines, my father and I will split the cost of the material / machining. I can dontate the material to my father at cost due to the fact that I work at one of the largest steel service centers in Northern NY. We would just need the time to model the original and get the tooling set up. Just think.....once the tooling and programming is in order.....we could make these whenever for whomever at a reasonable cost. Set up time is the killer...once thats taken care of, we could crap these out like cookies. 2-3 weeks to get material on the tables cause he's set up for other jobs at the moment. Once he receives the original, I dont forsee the modeling & manuf. process taking more than a few days. The finish product along with the original would be shipped back to Mr.Snelling ASAP.

I guess we shoulda went this route to begin with, but who da thought we were looking for kryptonite?

This being said, I will leave the executive decision(s) to the powers at be.

If we can spare the time it would take to get an original sent to Ft.Lauderdale and the material on the machines, my father and I will split the cost of the material / machining. I can dontate the material to my father at cost due to the fact that I work at one of the largest steel service centers in Northern NY. We would just need the time to model the original and get the tooling set up. Just think.....once the tooling and programming is in order.....we could make these whenever for whomever at a reasonable cost. Set up time is the killer...once thats taken care of, we could crap these out like cookies. 2-3 weeks to get material on the tables cause he's set up for other jobs at the moment. Once he receives the original, I dont forsee the modeling & manuf. process taking more than a few days. The finish product along with the original would be shipped back to Mr.Snelling ASAP.

I guess we shoulda went this route to begin with, but who da thought we were looking for kryptonite?

This being said, I will leave the executive decision(s) to the powers at be.

That'd be good, like ya say, it'd be up to the fellas in the decision making seat. Setup is always the killer for cost.

Brad, when you read this, can Nik blow one out sooner than 3 weeks?

That'd be good, like ya say, it'd be up to the fellas in the decision making seat. Setup is always the killer for cost.

Brad, when you read this, can Nik blow one out sooner than 3 weeks?

I seriously doubt it, but will let him speak for himself. His shop is super busy and it's a small shop. There are only two that run the machines and Nik's the main one.

Teddy.scout and I have this taken care of. He is sending my dimensions, and a bracket to copy, and I will machine it.

Yeah I had the shop call Stihl Northwest and put this into the system but it would take them at least two
weeks to find out if they have it.

Isn't possible though to just mail the part to the winner at a later date?

Latest posts

Back