Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on most every give away ive ever donated to or been invovled in the money is pooled till the end. why should this be different? never even heard anyone ask about this before

Last edited:
Last and final part!
Part 7,

Part 7 (FINAL) 090G muffler restoration - YouTube

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2u4hdXg5ys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2u4hdXg5ys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

A follow up to sending out what charities have been gathered:​

I have spoken with 2 other members here that ran 2 very successful functions like this recently, along with the Stumpster!

There will be no early, mid point, or similar worded allocation off what has been accumulated!
My wife and I have spent our time and funds to help with this, using other charities held here as a template.
We are sticking to that. When a lucky individual is stated, Stumpy will get "you have mail" notification and the Scouts obligation and responsibility will be gone!
The responsibility of the saw getting from point A to point B will be on Brad.
That is the bottom line.

As for delays I may have brought on, SORRY.
Spent the late part of last week with a IV and a (left arm and 2 butt cheeks that seen way too many needles!)
Should be caught up now, but will see.

Brad, should be SOON!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bracket! Talk about delivering:clap: Thanks a milling 54stude! It should be here in 2-3 days. The shrink tubing for the handle arrived today as well.

IMG20120117184244-L.jpg

IMG20120117175855-L.jpg

Hey Brad,
Check your PM's, the misses is or will send tracking for the parts.
The bar-chains and rim adapter are a day behind the muffler.

YA,YA, I chipped my almighty baked on paint!!
Brad I need you to touch it up. Just a little 1/8 spot on some braze the paint let lose!
Figured I would send it your way so you can get moving and know the touch up is no problem for you.

Top notch job on the bracket 54stude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in your hands now Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Brad,
Check your PM's, the misses is or will send tracking for the parts.
The bar-chains and rim adapter are a day behind the muffler.

YA,YA, I chipped my almighty baked on paint!!
Brad I need you to touch it up. Just a little 1/8 spot on some braze the paint let lose!
Figured I would send it your way so you can get moving and know the touch up is no problem for you.

Top notch job on the bracket 54stude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in your hands now Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent! Perfect timing too. I was just heading to this thread to show my progress. BTW, did you remember the throttle lock? I had forgotten about it until tonight.

I ground down the welds on the handle, and replaced the rubber pieces. I then primed and painted it. I painted it last, since I would have ruined it putting the new rubber pieces on. Yes, that's the kitchen oven:)

IMG8564-M.jpg

I have the new output shaft seal installed. I really like these seals that come with sealant on the OD.

IMG8567-M.jpg

I saved the best for last. This bracket is a work of art. Not only that, it fits PERFECTLY! That amazing considering that he 53Stude didn't even have one in hand. We got on the phone looking at the same pictures, and I gave him the measurements he asked for with a caliper. This was far from the accuracy a machinist is used to working with. He made it work though! I didn't have to slot even one hole.

IMG8565-M.jpg

Sorry, but where do I send my money to so I can get in on this particular charity drive? I am sure the answer is in here somewhere but I am not sure. Thanks.

We are at $1620 raised so far for Stumpy with this 090G. I do believe once we see the final pics of this awesome saw the donations will go through the roof!!!

We are at $1620 raised so far for Stumpy with this 090G. I do believe once we see the final pics of this awesome saw the donations will go through the roof!!!

Personally I'm not waiting on pics, just payday :bang:

The muffler showed up today. It looks great! I can't install it yet since the studs are gone. I'll have to order a new set from the dealer. I should have them Wednesday. Any idea when the other parts will be coming? I won't be able to run it until I get the gear adapter.

Latest posts

Back