Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After struggling to get the files transfered off my camcorder onto my new Windows 7 PC, we finally have a video of the completed saw! She starts and idles great, excellent throttle response, runs nice and fat, oiler works.... The rim adapter went on without a hitch! It was snug, but tapped on without an issue at all. That was a relief.

I'll get it in wood on Saturday, unless it's raining.

[video=youtube_share;Eb0nkT1raaA]http://youtu.be/Eb0nkT1raaA[/video]

Last edited:
sounds and looks great brad. hope who ever wins the beast is close enough for me to at least hold it. can't wait for the next vid and the final drawing. and i want really thank everyone that made getting this saw up to snuff so stump can get back up to steam. good on you all.

Needs a bar cover side dawg!
Snap a pic of the other one and I know a guy who has one.

Looks and sounds great!
Except that missing dawg!

Needs a bar cover side dawg!
Snap a pic of the other one and I know a guy who has one.

Looks and sounds great!
Except that missing dawg!

I agree entirely! Those are giant spikes, much larger than those on mine.
IMG8353-M.jpg

Picture20005-M.jpg

Last edited:
sounds and looks great brad. hope who ever wins the beast is close enough for me to at least hold it. can't wait for the next vid and the final drawing. and i want really thank everyone that made getting this saw up to snuff so stump can get back up to steam. good on you all.
How about I return it to you before the drive ends? I'd love for you to get to run it. Or, would that just be cruel?:)

How about I return it to you before the drive ends? I'd love for you to get to run it. Or, would that just be cruel?:)

na, it's ok brad. it would feel worse. just whom ever get's it just need's to post a vid of it working now and then.

WooooooHooooooo!!!!!!

Do we have an update on how much has been raised so far? :)

I hope to have a total to date for everyone tomorrow night. I also plan to post a list of everyone who has contributed thus far by monday so if your name is missing you have a chance to get in on the action!

I hope to have a total to date for everyone tomorrow night. I also plan to post a list of everyone who has contributed thus far by monday so if your name is missing you have a chance to get in on the action!
Cool

Thanks S.S.

My Name is not on that list yet, but it will be before its over. :rock: Last in first out. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So i took advantage of the little one being in the highchair eating her breakfast this morning and tallied the payments i have received this week.
I am happy to say we have officially hit the $2000 mark!!!!

Now that the saw is done and we have a great vid up, I am fully expecting my "electronic payment method" to blow up this week!!!!! If you need to snail mail me a payment, please PM me for my address and it needs to be in the mail monday or tuesday (just in case they are slow with delivery)

Here it is. I didn't think the 1/2" chain was cutting like it should. I haven't checked it out yet, but perhpas the rakers just need lowered a little. Also, that 7-pin rim is HUGE. I think it's bigger than a 3/8 9-pin. Teddy, do you know if a 6-pin is made? The .404 chisel chain and a 8-pin rim would likely way outperform this setup. But it's VERY cool to have the option. Besides, 1/2" is what came on the saw new. The important part....she runs perfectly!

[video=youtube_share;ebRAgz66ypE]http://youtu.be/ebRAgz66ypE[/video]

That saw is really cool. Not the fastest but what a powerhouse. I hope I win it, I would use it on special occasions like wedding anniversarys, birthdays, holidays, and whenever we had guests/family over.:biggrin:

Back