stihl 192t vs. echo cs330t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpjumper83

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am wondering if somebody out there has both saws. I checked out the local dealer, he carries both. 250 for the echo, 290 for the stihl. Looking at the saws I like the handle on the echo better cause the springs in the stihl gave too much i think. The dealer was recomending the echo over the stihl on the basis of the 192t being a new model and the pervious 019t having issues. Just wondering what everyone else's experiences has been with these saws. thanks:greenchainsaw:

The 192T is not a new saw. It has nothing in it to resemble the 191. It is based off of the 200T as an alternative.
I have one and I have run the Echo.
The 192T is lighter.
The 192T starts easier.
Cut is about the same timed through wood.
Hard to engage the chain brake on the Echo due to it being a single post brake where the Stihl is a dual post brake and much easier to use. Hard to start the Echo in a tree due to the choke lever being positioned with the throttle mechanism.
The oil pump on the Stihl only pumps once the saw is engaged where the oil pump on the Echo was pumping oil down my leg at idle. Also go try and take the side cover off of the Echo without the dealer showing you how.
Good luck.

I purchased a 192T earlier this summer and really like the little saw. Keep in mind it's not a 200T and don't expect it to be something it's not. It's light, easy to start, and can run all day long. Not too long ago I opened up the muffler as Sawinredneck did in his thread. To me, the difference seemed to be like night and day. It helped a little bit powerwise, but the big difference in my saw was how hot it ran. Before opening the muffler it seemed to run really hot, now it seems to run alot cooler. The only thing I had an issue with was the carb limiters. They are a royal pain to get off. However, once you do you can set up the carb really easily and pop them back on and you're good to go. i'm not sure why the 192T is $290 for you, I called a couple of the Stihl dealers in the area to get the best price and each one was $269. In my opinion, if it came down to a Stihl or Echo, I wouldn't think twice about picking the Stihl. The only fault I can find with the 192T is the air filtration, the filter gets full of sawdust in no time. I can run my Husky's all day and check the filters and they are alot cleaner than the Stihl with similar run times. Even then, that's a minor issue...just blow the filter out every evenng and you're good to go. Go with the Stihl!! Around here, Echo is associated with homeowners that want something better than the Poulan Woodshark from Wal-Mart.

Back