When did Echo get so costly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far as I can tell, everything in Canada costs more, guess it has to do with exchange rates and your 'funny money' or something and far as fuel by the liter at the pump, that is also wacky for me. I happen to work part time for an Echo dealer and your quoted price is way outta line even here. Might as well buy a Stihl (which will cost even more) and then modify it so it actually runs correctly.

I get my saws at dealer cost so I cannot compare retail pricing except to say that inflation is chomping at just about everything today including chainsaws. The current rate of inflation (not what the gummit tells you but the actual rate, year over year currently stands at 10%). I just increased all 3 of my rental properties an additional 10% just to stay even.

Have fun or drive down to the States and buy one.

I live 60 miles from the Canadian border and have no desire to cross it anytime in the future either. Your man in charge is as looney as our man in charge, maybe even more wacky.

Far as I can tell, everything in Canada costs more, guess it has to do with exchange rates and your 'funny money' or something and far as fuel by the liter at the pump, that is also wacky for me. I happen to work part time for an Echo dealer and your quoted price is way outta line even here. Might as well buy a Stihl (which will cost even more) and then modify it so it actually runs correctly.

I get my saws at dealer cost so I cannot compare retail pricing except to say that inflation is chomping at just about everything today including chainsaws. The current rate of inflation (not what the gummit tells you but the actual rate, year over year currently stands at 10%). I just increased all 3 of my rental properties an additional 10% just to stay even.

Have fun or drive down to the States and buy one.

I live 60 miles from the Canadian border and have no desire to cross it anytime in the future either. Your man in charge is as looney as our man in charge, maybe even more wacky.
Don't tell bidens responsible for Canadas inflation too.

My local dealer has a 500i for Just over 1800 and a 461 for about 1250. Thats just crazy that echo is doing that!

Could agree more, but the bleeding heart snowflakes love the clown.
from what I've read and seen, you actually have a viable candidate running, all you need to do is vote him in... Turdrow is destroying your fine country, just like our 'commander and chief' is destroying ours... I'll leave it at that.

Can get an Echo 7310 around $850 otd during "dealer days" here in the US, which is unbeatable. seems like that's a Canadian price hike.
Honestly, if I could get one for that price I think I would give it a fair shake.

Agreed, I recently purchased a Stihl 462R because it was $1400 cad vs $1450 for the Echo 7310. And I’ve been happy with what I have.

Something fishy here...
Echo.ca lists the 7310PW for $1800CAD, which is $1340USD.
Echo-USA lists the 7310PW at $1200USD, which is $1600CAD. Sounds like Echo simply isn't competitive in the Canadian market. I wonder if the price difference is due to taxes, VAT, emissions, etc, etc unique to Canada.

Then again, I have always wondered why the CS-7310 is so expensive compared to everything else Echo sells. Full retail for the CS-680 is $680. The CS-620p is $640. The 7310 is twice as expensive as the 620. Is it twice the saw? I suspect the reason is that the 7310 uses licensed strato patents owned by someone else (Husky?).

I suspect the reason is that the 7310 uses licensed strato patents owned by someone else (Husky?).
That is not the case. To me from the porting videos the 7310 is a quad transfer closed port with the heights of the front and rear transfers diffent. Guys make video of how to take off the transfer cover, raise the lower set and get more power. It is sort of like an early Husky 372 massaged over to actually pass emission stuff without going pockets in the sides of the piston.

Something fishy here...
Echo.ca lists the 7310PW for $1800CAD, which is $1340USD.
Echo-USA lists the 7310PW at $1200USD, which is $1600CAD. Sounds like Echo simply isn't competitive in the Canadian market. I wonder if the price difference is due to taxes, VAT, emissions, etc, etc unique to Canada.

Then again, I have always wondered why the CS-7310 is so expensive compared to everything else Echo sells. Full retail for the CS-680 is $680. The CS-620p is $640. The 7310 is twice as expensive as the 620. Is it twice the saw? I suspect the reason is that the 7310 uses licensed strato patents owned by someone else (Husky?).
MSRP for the 7310 might be $1340 but they can be had much cheaper with little effort.

MSRP for the 7310 might be $1340 but they can be had much cheaper with little effort.
I wish this was the case here in the Great White North. Nothing against Echo, but rather dealers are going off the rails with pricing here. When a 7310 is costing me the same as a 500i and more than a 462 or 661, I can’t help but shake my head. When you ask why they are so costly and you get the reply that’s it’s a better saw I just walk out the door laughing. It’s not a bad saw from what I have read (never used one) but it’s not a Stihl or Husky.

I wish this was the case here in the Great White North. Nothing against Echo, but rather dealers are going off the rails with pricing here. When a 7310 is costing me the same as a 500i and more than a 462 or 661, I can’t help but shake my head. When you ask why they are so costly and you get the reply that’s it’s a better saw I just walk out the door laughing. It’s not a bad saw from what I have read (never used one) but it’s not a Stihl or Husky.
I get that but Husky and Stihl quality isn't what it once was.

Latest posts

Back