When did Echo get so costly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugger

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was just looking to add a 70cc saw to complement my 362c. I was thinking about the Echo 7310PW and I almost dropped the phone when he gave me the price of $1800ish. My local Stihl dealer is selling the 462 about $1400 and the 500i $1800.
I know Echo makes good profit, but their cost has skyrocketed.

I was just looking to add a 70cc saw to complement my 362c. I was thinking about the Echo 7310PW and I almost dropped the phone when he gave me the price of $1800ish. My local Stihl dealer is selling the 462 about $1400 and the 500i $1800.
Way off ,

Your dealer could be marking up the price to line his wallet.

You can get a 372xt or the redmax equivalent for 1200. Echo is outa their minds on that 7310 pricing. I betcha they bin sellin....none.

I can't say anything bad about echo, the only one I've got is the 2511. I was looking for a 70 cc saw. When the echo 7310 came out it was a bargain at 800. Now I was looking and it 1129 the 462 was 1209 and the husky 572 was on sale for just under 1100. So that takes the price out of the equation the 462 and 573 are pretty well known as far as performance and reliability, I couldn't justify the 7310 at current price stayed with Stihl.

You can avoid the moronic and autoboom with the 372xt.

I have an echo 590. 400.00 cad brand new a bunch of years ago...I wouldn't have paid more at the time. I wouldn't pay more right now, for that matter.

Makita EA7900 worth looking a look at, one of the best power to weight ratio saws out there just a bit heavier than the 500i - 79cc and lighter than the Echo. A lot of folks are warning about Makita because of their move toward electric and concern about parts, but Makita Canada still lists them on their website so assume they'll be supported for awhile longer yet, and they're basically the same saw as the 7900 series Dolmar Makitas going back forever so parts aren't really that hard to find online. Or the EA7300 for a 73cc saw. Can't find any pricing for them in Canada, if you could get a deal on one for $1200 Canadian or less it would be a good option.

I can't blame you for nearly dropping the phone when you heard $1800 for that saw 😅

A few years ago you could easily score a pro-grade 70cc model for under a grand.

I can't blame you for nearly dropping the phone when you heard $1800 for that saw 😅

A few years ago you could easily score a pro-grade 70cc model for under a grand.
I guess I will just get another Stihl later this spring. Decision decisions

I guess I will just get another Stihl later this spring. Decision decisions
Yup, agree with the decision. Echo is good but man $1800 is too much. If you're not set with the Echo or can't find another dealer, go with Stihl instead.

Back