500i availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birchcrick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning all!

For the first time in a few years my local Stihl dealership has decent inventory. When I got my 500i they were non existent and the store was empty. Fast forward 6 months and they have 5 of them gracing their shelves. Along with a ton of 362’s and a few 881’s. The lone 400c is coming home with me today… So how is inventory across the country?

Side note: dealer also sells Husqvarna. The 592xp sitting on the shelf was definitely assembled on a Monday morning. The primer bulb wasn’t sticking through the hole, and damn sure couldn’t be depressed. Not cool for a $1400 saw.

Where in Montana? I haven't been out looking for saws in a long time. Are prices normal? I know Murdoch's jacks up their prices, nor will they budge on configuration.

Where in Montana? I haven't been out looking for saws in a long time. Are prices normal? I know Murdoch's jacks up their prices, nor will they budge on configuration.
I’m in Cascade county. 500i’s are $1400, that 400 I picked up was $900. I believe the 362’s were around $800. I didn’t catch the price on the 881’s. They also won’t change on configuration, but they will give a decent discount on bars and chain.

I’m in Cascade county. 500i’s are $1400, that 400 I picked up was $900. I believe the 362’s were around $800. I didn’t catch the price on the 881’s. They also won’t change on configuration, but they will give a decent discount on bars and chain.

Then it sounds like the supply/demand problem is over. Both available and at normal prices.

You're going to like that 400. I prefer it to my 500i, and run a 24 B&C on the 400. Its got plenty of power and is light and very responsive to the throttle.

My local dealer in NE Ohio has always had a good supply of the pro Saws. 261, 362, 462, 400. Was just in there last night for some tractor parts. The 500 was stickered at $1600 with a 28" light bar.

My local dealer in NE Ohio has always had a good supply of the pro Saws. 261, 362, 462, 400. Was just in there last night for some tractor parts. The 500 was stickered at $1600 with a 28" light bar.
That doesn’t seem out of line considering what those light bars cost. There wasn’t a single saw with a light bar on it.

Then it sounds like the supply/demand problem is over. Both available and at normal prices.

You're going to like that 400. I prefer it to my 500i, and run a 24 B&C on the 400. Its got plenty of power and is light and very responsive to the throttle.
I’m looking forward to running it. The 500i was my first pro Stihl and it’s just about the only saw I grab now. With the exception of my 550xp mk2, the rest of the huskies are collecting dust.

Good morning all!

For the first time in a few years my local Stihl dealership has decent inventory. When I got my 500i they were non existent and the store was empty. Fast forward 6 months and they have 5 of them gracing their shelves. Along with a ton of 362’s and a few 881’s. The lone 400c is coming home with me today… So how is inventory across the country?

Side note: dealer also sells Husqvarna. The 592xp sitting on the shelf was definitely assembled on a Monday morning. The primer bulb wasn’t sticking through the hole, and damn sure couldn’t be depressed. Not cool for a $1400 saw.
Let me know how that 400 runs.

I'll just throw this in for comment. Customer brought in a 500I that he loaned to a neighbor who promptly straight gassed it. Now, who in his right mind..... saw is like new.
This is exactly why I don’t loan my saws out. Hopefully the neighbor will do the right thing and pay the repair bill.

Good morning all!

My local shop has 462, 500, and 661s on the shelf. As a rule 880 class saws are ordered for customers, not stocked. The trees around here generally aren’t big enough to justify a 880…

Back