Stihl 2-stroke oil made by Castrol or Not??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan454

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
ive heard its made by castrol. looked at the MSDS for HP Ultra and fount that its not made by castrol at all. http://www.stihllibrary.com/pdf/msds/Stihl_HP_Ultra.pdf these people make it and you can actualy see the Orange Stihl 6 pack 6.4 oz. bottles in the production line. Industrial Lubricant Manufacturing, Shreveport, Louisiana | Omni Specialty Packaging you have to watch the snap shot go by but you wont miss it.

The Stihl ultra oil available in my area of FRANCE is made by CASTROL, although it is bottled/packaged by a different company.I don`t know who produces the base oil in the US, but I would suspect that the companys in the OP`s post only blend/ package or just package it, you can find 1litre/Quart bottles over here with , produced for STIHL by CASTROL printed on the label There were some pics posted a while ago with the labels that are used over here

IIRC, the plant in Shreveport makes the oil which is sold under several brand names, including Castrol.

There's a thread here with the all of the details. I'm not about dig through the threads to find it :dizzy: to post a link.

Omni is the bottler for the stihl products. Omni is in the specialty lubricants business as a blender and a packager.

I would think that the claim that stihl oil is "made" by castrol would lie in the fact that some of the base oils use castrol components.

Stihl gives omni a recipe of 2parts A, 1 part B, 1 part C, and omni mixes it up, puts it in all the little bottles, and sends it out.

The term or considerations of "made" in two stroke oil is kind of meaningless. Omni is putting all the pieces together, but the base oil is coming from one guy, the detergents from another, and the fuel stabilizer from someone else too.

You can look up spectrum, they're another one like omni, they do husky oil, echo oil, woodlandpro, etc.

IIRC, the plant in Shreveport makes the oil which is sold under several brand names, including Castrol.

There's a thread here with the all of the details. I'm not about dig through the threads to find it :dizzy: to post a link.
No, Castrol makes Stihl for Canada and other countries. They have nothing to do with Stihl oil in the US.

Omni is the bottler for the stihl products. Omni is in the specialty lubricants business as a blender and a packager.

I would think that the claim that stihl oil is "made" by castrol would lie in the fact that some of the base oils use castrol components.

Stihl gives omni a recipe of 2parts A, 1 part B, 1 part C, and omni mixes it up, puts it in all the little bottles, and sends it out.

The term or considerations of "made" in two stroke oil is kind of meaningless. Omni is putting all the pieces together, but the base oil is coming from one guy, the detergents from another, and the fuel stabilizer from someone else too.

You can look up spectrum, they're another one like omni, they do husky oil, echo oil, woodlandpro, etc.
Spectrum is a subsidiary of P66.
Omni is a packaging outfit.

Back