Stihl 201T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only annoying thing about a good running 201 is when swapping out chain there is not the room of the 200 and pita with gloves on. Otherwise a Snellerized 201 is a great little saw. Good to hear Stihl got their act together and made the 201 right. l have the rear handle model and for its intended purpose cuts really well and has some torque.

You're likely to burn some plastic oif you leave it out. I cut a section out of the grid on the cover. I also re-install the screen now after modding the muffler. Leaving it out doesn't really give you a muffler mod like it used to on the 200.

I hear what's really bad on the 201T's is the saw ring for the lanyard. I have seen pictures of them breaking off and the saw falling to the ground while your climbing in the tree

I never heard of any breaking. Maybe they just dropped the saw instead of letting the lanyard slide through their hand when putting the saws down?

You're likely to burn some plastic oif you leave it out. I cut a section out of the grid on the cover. I also re-install the screen now after modding the muffler. Leaving it out doesn't really give you a muffler mod like it used to on the 200.
Doesn't look like there is a screen on mine...just the piece in the pic I posted....being that it's nothing but a metal piece with no inside ......really can't se what difference it would make on it...unless I get a new screen.

lf you read the OP, it was stated that the guy used his saw to make a living...that for sure rules out the 540t! Snelling knows his way around those 201's, he understands them well. For a small fee he fixed up a 201 rear handle for me that is every bit as good a saw as my 200t. Some Huskys are great...the 540 just aint one of them!

I make a living with my 540 M-F.

Latest posts

Back