Stihl 261 vs. Husky 550 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i say id look at a stihl i dont like huskys saws they are junk in my book i have to many problems with them

261-not a fan of autoturd technology or outboard clutches but I might pull the trigger on a 346 if one comes along at a good price. I like tuning my own saws and not needing to go to a dealer when the technology craps out.

The 261 is out classed by the 550 in every way. I had a 362 and sold it, that should say enough. When it comes to 50cc and 60cc saws, Husky is on a different level. I honestly wouldn't own a 261 or 362 if it was given to me. What more can I say an air filter and fuel line for a 362 will set you back about a 100 bucks.:dizzy: Stihl fan boys get your flamethrowers ready.:laugh:

Last edited:
The 261 is out classed by the 550 in every way. I had a 362 and sold it, that should say enough. When it comes to 50cc and 60cc saws, Husky is on a different level. I honestly wouldn't own a 261 or 362 if it was given to me. What more can I say a filter and fuel line for a 362 will set you back about a 100 bucks.:dizzy: Stihl fan boys get your flamethrowers ready.:laugh:

Now you have gone and done it Andy... :msp_sneaky:

:laugh:

Enough with those strato enviro-toys, just go buy a Dolmar 5105 and be done with it.

There, I did it... :msp_biggrin: .... like just about every other thread where the OP specifies two makes and someone chirps in with a third or fourth...

Enough with those strato enviro-toys, just go buy a Dolmar 5105 and be done with it.

There, I did it... :msp_biggrin: .... like just about every other thread where the OP specifies two makes and someone chirps in with a third or fourth...

The 5105 is a fine saw, the 5100 not so much. Honestly when it comes to smaller saws, right now Stihl has little to offer IMHO, with maybe one exception the 241 C-M, and I'd put my new 421 up against it anytime.

attachment.php

i say id look at a stihl i dont like huskys saws they are junk in my book i have to many problems with them

That's great explanation to a poor choice. It's been proven the 261 is not as strong as a 550 and the 562 is capable of running 28 full comp, the 362 would struggle. I'm a saw fan I prefer Husqvarna because of feel and IMHO solid quality. But every brand has something to offer. Just so happens the 50-60 cc class saws are dominated by husqvarna at this point. This has been seen in comparison videos and at work. The strato design that most newer saws are came from Husqvarna (red max technology I believe) . So what's junk about Husqvarna saws may I ask? I've got a few older ones maybe you can explain why they still run? You're a newb here so I'll keep it civil but we try not to bash saws without reasons outside of they suck. Details help answer questions. Enjoy the site, what's your go to saw may I ask ?

Latest posts

Back