Stihl 2Cycle Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Am i Crazy or Didnt Stihl 2 Stroke used to turn the Mixed Fuel a Blueish Color?
I just noticed the other day it was Black when mixed. :blob2:

Watch the green stuff

I use old antifreeze jugs,for my mix.One time,I antifreezed my weed wacker ,and fueled my tractor radiator,duh.

The Stihl oil that I've purchased here in BC mixed to produce a blue-green fuel mix and all the oil I have on the shelf in the shop will probably do the same.....but, then again, I'm just a homeowner, and am probably colour blind. But I LOVE the smell of 2 stroke smoke in the morning, so I must have something going for me.

stihl mix

The regular mix is more green, the low smoke stuff is more blue. UNLESS you got one of the batches that got in the wrong bottle, then they are both blue. Runs and mixes the same, just a bit less smoke.

All my Stihl mix is blue I'am in B.C. Canada I buy the bottles that mixes 2.5 gallons of fuel. All I use is Stihl oil I have used other brands in the past but I will never go back I have used Stihl oil for the last 8-10 years.

Ever since I have used nothing but Stihl mix oil in my Stihl saws I never had carb problems or starting problems.

Latest posts

Back