stihl 361 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand sock

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
thx or letting me join, i've occasionally swung by here just to lurk and gain knowledge. yesterday i was dropping a monster dead elm with my stihl 361, that i purchased in 2008. i had about a 1/4 cord loaded on my truck and the saw sounded loud. i checked it out and the muffler support weld broke. i am using the google box to search for a replacemnt muffler. it's looking like they are obselete now and new ones are running $100. i am considering ordering a farmer tech muffler . my stihl dealer wont be open till monday and really dont want hosed on a less than $20 part.

its been a really great saw. i have been cutting 30 to50 cords every year with it and is still running strong. besides a yearly fuel line and air filter and i think 3 bars. nothing has broken before. its just been a wonderful saw.

I would just get aftermarket one, new gasket/heat shield and check tightness once in awhile and it will be fine.

Muffler bolt broke. So i guess left handed screw extractors will do it. Then try to mig it and get some new bolts
20211017_093626.jpg

Attachments

• 20211017_093612.jpg
    20211017_093612.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Sorry for your issue but glad to hear it’s been a good saw for you. I bought one in 2005 and after I got a 362 I put a 8 pin sprocket on it with a 18” bar. It has a opened up muffler. She’s a screamer for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back