Stihl 441 Roll Call!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have one...its kinda cold blooded in single digit temps.

No kidding. I cut some this weekend in single digits and it was a bit crabby until it warmed up. Wonder if that is a 'benefit' of the stratcharged engine? Don't care, it's torquey!:greenchainsaw:

bought 1 today

I went totaday and paid a deposit till get tax check I'm so excited:blob2:

Tell you what guys this site is fun!! I enjoy reading the exciting posts, and I'm telling you it's easy to get hooked into wanting a bunch of saws..I like the reviews that I'm reading on the 441 over th 575xp. I have heard that the 575's new engine design is inheriently cold-blooded, which never allows it to reach operating temperature in cooler weather( below 30 F) I was told a artic baffle of sorts is available but doesn't completely solve the issue. Have you guys heard of this issue? In turn, it's said that the saw runs too lean in cooler/cold conditions and could cause premature engine wear...

After a month of comparing brochures and studying posts on this site I bought a 441 last week. I cut (4) 18"-24" spruce trees and had a large bondfire. It was a fine day. New saw, large fire and a few beers with a couple good friends. I'm at work now, I'll post a report later when I have more time.

Latest posts

Back