Stihl AV-69 Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine who collect chainsaws found this for me today. Going by what I can see on the internet it is a Stihl AV-69. I have agreed to purchase it from him but can anyone who is a big Stihl collector give me some more information and what something like this could be worth to the right person.
The saw does run and has been with a older gentleman for 20 plus years.

Any information and opinions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Justin

Attachments

• 639283909.jpg
    639283909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 639284000.jpg
    639284000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Resized_639277100.jpeg
    Resized_639277100.jpeg
    776.6 KB · Views: 26
Yep looks like the 041 Series type saws, but different. I have 3 different types of Stihl 041 saws but none of them look anything like this.

I never seen a chainsaw like this. I didn't think they were released here in Australia. From the information I can find, it seems to be a rare saw but I could be very wrong, that's why I am trying to get more information.

Justin

Yep looks like the 041 Series type saws, but different. I have 3 different types of Stihl 041 saws but none of them look anything like this.

I never seen a chainsaw like this. I didn't think they were released here in Australia. From the information I can find, it seems to be a rare saw but I could be very wrong, that's why I am trying to get more information.

Justin
This may help!

Attachments

• AV-69.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 15
It should have 69 at the front of the serial number if it's a 69, I think these were some kind of prototype prior to production of the 041AV, tested in Sweden/Finland

It should have 69 at the front of the serial number if it's a 69, I think these were some kind of prototype prior to production of the 041AV, tested in Sweden/Finland
Hi Bob,

I will try tomorrow to see if I can get the serial number from the saw. So all the AV-69 chainsaws should have a 69 at the front of the serial number ?

Latest posts

Back