Stihl Av help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuhndog

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Never saw this posted up but since so many helped me with your posts (I read alot,usually daily) I thought some of you might like this.If you have a soft or want some more stiffness on your av mount add a piece of hose(I've used fuel) on shoulder washer,cut it a 1/16" longer.I like using the clear,soft hose from like Lowes better and have left that 1/8" longer and used a larger outside diameter and it tightens (firms) them up.Hope this helps someone.

Never saw this posted up but since so many helped me with your posts (I read alot,usually daily) I thought some of you might like this.If you have a soft or want some more stiffness on your av mount add a piece of hose(I've used fuel) on shoulder washer,cut it a 1/16" longer.I like using the clear,soft hose from like Lowes better and have left that 1/8" longer and used a larger outside diameter and it tightens (firms) them up.Hope this helps someone.

Got a pic?

Last edited:
interesting tip, makes sense if you think about it. wonder about durability. maybe nylon hose (like ice maker hose if you can get it big enough) would be stuffer and last longer?

got pics?

No pictures,I'd have a better chance of jumping the moon.Takes me long enough to type.Just try it and don't make too long because screw only goes into plastic and I think could cause more trouble if you stuff too much.

Latest posts

Back