Stihl BG 86

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMoneyGrip

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know that this is probably in the wrong place, so forgive me. And I didn't find anything via search.

I'm looking for a new blower and this one has caught me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this model?

Thanks,
Scott.

I know that this is probably in the wrong place, so forgive me. And I didn't find anything via search.

I'm looking for a new blower and this one has caught me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this model?

Thanks,
Scott.

great blower i use mine everyday for 3-5 hours i use it hard it has never needed work great AV get one

I've had an 85 for 5 years and it works great. At the time I bought it, it was the strongest HH out. The 86 is an updated version with better specs. The only thing I have needed to do was to trim the limiter and fatten it up some. It was a hard starter and hard to get warmed up.

I've had my bg86 for 2 years and love it. The only issue I have to deal with is the exhaust screen can get a little clogged. I've cleaned it with a torch twice. The stihl dealer said to point it up and full throttle for a few seconds after each use. Might be a bit rich. Spend the extra $$ and buy it. Its way better than the home owner bg55, and you get the flat nozzle too.

I've had my bg86 for 2 years and love it. The only issue I have to deal with is the exhaust screen can get a little clogged. I've cleaned it with a torch twice. The stihl dealer said to point it up and full throttle for a few seconds after each use. Might be a bit rich. Spend the extra $$ and buy it. Its way better than the home owner bg55, and you get the flat nozzle too.

Can I just remove the screen?

I was looking for a new handheld blower recently. Ended up with a Husky 125B and have been pretty happy with it. Have ~ 15 tanks through it so far. I posted a thread about it.

Bg86

I bought a new one a few months back and I am very pleased with it. I trimmed the limiters and removed the spark arrester. It has plenty of power too. I believe that you would be happy with one.

I got the SH-86 (blower/shredder)at the start of the season.I really wanted a big Shindaiwa backpack to replace my dilapadated Craftsman, but I just couldn't justify the purchase seeing as I only have 2 trees (and one is tiny) on my property. The first tank was kinda unimpressive, a lot better than what I had, but not what I wanted. I took the spark screen out and the little son of a gun really seemed to respond to it. I only use it once or twice a week for just a few minutes at a time but it seems to be waking up. I had no need to trim the limiters, it actually four strokes at WOT till it warms up. I have not used the shredder yet but I did use the gutter kit I bought and all I can say is make sure you wear old clothes and a hat. Andyshine77 has used it as well and I think he's kinda impressed with it as far as hand held units go. In a nutshell, I LOVE IT!

I also bought one a few months ago and love it. I use it for my yard work and it does have a great anti-vibe system. I use it all the time for blowing the excess water off my vehicles when I wash them.

I love my BG 86 its alot better than the BG 55 it replaced. Stihl also has a small HO backpack blower (BR 200) i heard was pretty good for its size.

Latest posts

Back