Stihl bg55 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl041avhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
the blower will idle all day but as soon as you hit the throttle it bogs and dies. First thing I did was removed the spark arrested screen. It was cleaned but I left it out ,no help. Cleaned the carb and installed a kit,no help. Took a carb off a runner, no help. Cleaned fuel filter, no help. Any other ideas. This is the second one this month with the same problem.

Pull off the muffler and look to see if your exhaust port is partially blocked with carbon. Fairly common on these little blowers.

I got to get a mityvac. It's the green style and it look good. I ruled the carb out by putting one on from a runner??????????

I just found my setup to vacuum bleed brakes. let's hope its got a hole or sucks itself closed. Thanks will let you know what a find.

Well I can rule out the fuel line. I vacuum tested it held vac for 30 minutes. While apart I just ran a piece of new line into the tank with no filter. It still won't that throttle, it will idle all day but won't rev???? I got a fire burning and I'm short on wood.

Well I can rule out the fuel line. I vacuum tested it held vac for 30 minutes. While apart I just ran a piece of new line into the tank with no filter. It still won't that throttle, it will idle all day but won't rev???? I got a fire burning and I'm short on wood.
Put a new carb on it they are under 50.00.

I did that. I got two here with the same problem????? There both under a year old and the same problem go figure.

I had three. Two newer ones and one that looked like it was left outside for it's life. All the plastic was faded. Got a new carb and put it on the old one. Ran like a charm, but ugly as hell. I took the new carb and tried it on the other two, no dice. Idle fine but won't rev. Put new carb on the old one runs like new???

I had three. Two newer ones and one that looked like it was left outside for it's life. All the plastic was faded. Got a new carb and put it on the old one. Ran like a charm, but ugly as hell. I took the new carb and tried it on the other two, no dice. Idle fine but won't rev. Put new carb on the old one runs like new???
Could the gas be old and weak you try fresh fuel? Are you getting gas to the primer bulb? Try swapping the coil from a runner I think that is all that is left here.

Fresh mix. I might try the coil, in my book that's pretty much the only thing I haven't tried. But two newer ones with the same problem, go figure.

Yes, the new carb off the ugly one. Do these coils have a different timing curve built into them. I asked because it idles fine?

Back