Stihl blower - carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a BG 55 blower that came to me in pieces. The carb is a Zama C1Q-S68. The Zama site shows this as used only with a BG 85. The BG 55 is paired with several other carbs (S64, S48, S55, S50 - all C1Q).

My question: should the S68 work with a BG 55 or do I need to get one of the other carbs? If so, is there a preference? The blower won't run for more than a few seconds at a time right now. I don't want to waste time/$ on a rebuild if it is not going to make a working carb for me.

Charlie

The carb should work just fine on your BG55. I had a carb for a mcculloch on my SH85. As long as the ID of the carb is similar and the linkage and choke work, you should be good to go.

One word of caution. If your carb is of the type with no high and low adjustment, (only one adjustment screw), then don't waste your time with it. IMO they are junk. That is how I ended up with the mcculloch carb after rebuilding mine for what seemed like 20 times with no luck.

Latest posts

Back