Stihl Carb Adjustment Screwdriver Size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somesawguy

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I know this is a noob question, but short of grinding down an old screwdriver, I'm having a little bit of a hard time finding something that will fit the adjustment screw slots well on my older Stihl 024 carb.

Is there a specific size I should look for that won't slip? I have a little one that fits, but it's not really the right width.

Fred482

Fred482

ArboristSite Operative
I use my old thin blade Snap-on drivers (1-short, 1-long) that I've had for 30+ years, but any local hardware or auto parts store will probably be able to supply one that will work fine. The factory service manual's do not specify a size, just a part number for their branded tool.

xdmp22

xdmp22

ArboristSite Operative
I use the one that are called pocket screwdrivers, lots of times they have advertising on them. They have a 3/8" round plastic handle with a clip for your boob pocket. One side has a small flathead, the other has a small magnet....it works great....

Armstrong also makes a pocket screwdriver that I have used with success

Somesawguy

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I use the one that are called pocket screwdrivers, lots of times they have advertising on them. They have a 3/8" round plastic handle with a clip for your boob pocket. One side has a small flathead, the other has a small magnet....it works great....

Armstrong also makes a pocket screwdriver that I have used with success

Thanks, I'll have to look around for one. I may even have one kicking around somewhere.

kevin j

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
also called a 'tweaker' and (used to be at least) given out by electrical supply houses for tweaking board pots, and taking wires out of screw terminal strips. basically, just a small screwdriver, nothing fancy except the pocket retainer clip

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
The "pocket" style clip on screwdrivers work well. Or try your local dealer. My guy gives me them by the handful. I suppose they don't ever give them out with equipment.

Jbevs

Jbevs

ArboristSite Member
My local dealer has 'official stihl adjusting screwdrivers' for a dollar. I use a cabinet tip flat head screwdriver as it fits the best.

Slamm

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've had two Stihl Dealers that would give you those adjusting screwdrivers by the hand fulls, once I got a whole box of them. Just saying that you can get them for free or not much at a Stihl Dealer.

Sam

Latest posts