Stihl Carb Adjustment Screwdriver Size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know this is a noob question, but short of grinding down an old screwdriver, I'm having a little bit of a hard time finding something that will fit the adjustment screw slots well on my older Stihl 024 carb.

Is there a specific size I should look for that won't slip? I have a little one that fits, but it's not really the right width.

I use my old thin blade Snap-on drivers (1-short, 1-long) that I've had for 30+ years, but any local hardware or auto parts store will probably be able to supply one that will work fine. The factory service manual's do not specify a size, just a part number for their branded tool.

I use the one that are called pocket screwdrivers, lots of times they have advertising on them. They have a 3/8" round plastic handle with a clip for your boob pocket. One side has a small flathead, the other has a small magnet....it works great....

Armstrong also makes a pocket screwdriver that I have used with success

I use the one that are called pocket screwdrivers, lots of times they have advertising on them. They have a 3/8" round plastic handle with a clip for your boob pocket. One side has a small flathead, the other has a small magnet....it works great....

Armstrong also makes a pocket screwdriver that I have used with success

Thanks, I'll have to look around for one. I may even have one kicking around somewhere.

also called a 'tweaker' and (used to be at least) given out by electrical supply houses for tweaking board pots, and taking wires out of screw terminal strips. basically, just a small screwdriver, nothing fancy except the pocket retainer clip

The "pocket" style clip on screwdrivers work well. Or try your local dealer. My guy gives me them by the handful. I suppose they don't ever give them out with equipment.

My local dealer has 'official stihl adjusting screwdrivers' for a dollar. I use a cabinet tip flat head screwdriver as it fits the best.

I've had two Stihl Dealers that would give you those adjusting screwdrivers by the hand fulls, once I got a whole box of them. Just saying that you can get them for free or not much at a Stihl Dealer.

Sam

Latest posts

Back