Stihl chain users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A guy brought me two stihl chains and wanted them sharpened and wanted two new ones. It says Stihl on the chain, it says 3/8 also but only has a 3 on the drive link. I am assuming it it the stihl 33 chain meaning that it is .050. Am I correct/ According to my cross reference (I am using Carleton chain) it's supposed to give the full number and lettering on the cutter.

abohac, I read your post when you posted it originally but breymeyerfam had already given you the answer, didn't think it was necessary to add anything to it.

Print this --->page<--- out and hang it on your shop wall it tells you all you need to know about Stihls chin ID.

Hope this helps a little better, sorry I didn't offer it up before.... been kinda busy lately and haven't really had time to type just been skimming when I can. :cheers:

abohac, I read your post when you posted it originally but breymeyerfam had already given you the answer, didn't think it was necessary to add anything to it.

Print this --->page<--- out and hang it on your shop wall it tells you all you need to know about Stihls chin ID.

Hope this helps a little better, sorry I didn't offer it up before.... been kinda busy lately and haven't really had time to type just been skimming when I can. :cheers:

I apprerciate that Erick. Was pretty sure I had the correct gauge for the guy but wasn't sure.

Buy the way thanks for the ref page. My Carleton cross lead me to believe that it should have the whole Stihl number stamped on the DL.

Back