• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL CHAINS! CHAINS! CHAINS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright guys, here we go. I bought a bunch of stuff from a local tree service guy that was getting out of the business. With this deal came almost two five gallon buckets of used chain. The story he told me was that he would rarely sharpen a chain. Would just use a new one till it got dull then tossed it in the bucket. Well that was true with about 40% of those chains. So I seperated out the never sharpened or one time sharpened and I am offering them up for sale. All the chains I am selling will vary slightly in cosmetic condition. Some have more grime on them than others depending on the wood that was being cut. Some have very little surface rust on them but that is only a handful in the mess and some of them may have some links that don't move as free as others but with a little oil they will be fine. No links will be froze up, I seperated those out. All of them will need to be filed. They are dull chains with approx 90% life. If you have any questions about the chain please ask. For shipping I will be using usps flat rate boxes. Right now I just grabbed the small boxes that ship for $6. I just shipped two 74dl and two 84dl chains and the box was pretty full. I possibly could have gotten one more in there but if someone wants more we can work that out in pm. So here is a list of what I got.

3/8 x .050 x 114dl - Stihl rs - $18
Qty. 3

3/8 x .050 x 84dl - stihl rs - $14
Qty. 1

3/8 x .050 x 72dl - stihl rs - $12
Qty. 13

3/8 picco x .050 x 55dl - stihl pm (semichisel cutter no antikickback features) - $8
Qty.11

3/8 picco x .050 x 50dl - stihl pm - $7
Qty. 4

image.jpg

Alright guys, here we go. I bought a bunch of stuff from a local tree service guy that was getting out of the business. With this deal came almost two five gallon buckets of used chain. The story he told me was that he would rarely sharpen a chain. Would just use a new one till it got dull then tossed it in the bucket. Well that was true with about 40% of those chains. So I seperated out the never sharpened or one time sharpened and I am offering them up for sale. All the chains I am selling will vary slightly in cosmetic condition. Some have more grime on them than others depending on the wood that was being cut. Some have very little surface rust on them but that is only a handful in the mess and some of them may have some links that don't move as free as others but with a little oil they will be fine. No links will be froze up, I seperated those out. All of them will need to be filed. They are dull chains with approx 90% life. If you have any questions about the chain please ask. For shipping I will be using usps flat rate boxes. Right now I just grabbed the small boxes that ship for $6. I just shipped two 74dl and two 84dl chains and the box was pretty full. I possibly could have gotten one more in there but if someone wants more we can work that out in pm. So here is a list of what I got.

3/8 x .050 x 114dl - Stihl rs - $18
Qty. 3

3/8 x .050 x 84dl - stihl rs - $14
Qty. 1

3/8 x .050 x 72dl - stihl rs - $12
Qty. 13

3/8 picco x .050 x 55dl - stihl pm (semichisel cutter no antikickback features) - $8
Qty.11

3/8 picco x .050 x 50dl - stihl pm - $7
Qty. 4

View attachment 412898

With that philosophy I can see why he's not in the tree service business anymore :) :)

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone that bought chain......

If you are not 100% satisfied with the chains you receive please contact me ASAP. Whatever issues may arise I will take care of it. I am not about to ruin a reputation and friendships over a bucket of used chains.

Allright,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not happy with my chains ................................................... I was hoping for a better tracking number.....................................bbbbbbbbuuuuuuwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa

Back