Stihl Chainsaws - How to date them???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if Stihl used a specific way to date a chainsaw through the serial number. I have a number of 009/009L, soon to have a 024super, 029, and now a 020av... Just wondering if Stihl coded the manufacture date into the serial number some how??? I already know the check acres but many times the start year is there but not the end of manufacture...

Anyhow! Have a great weekend all!
Nathan

LOL... thanks guys...

Well I had an old MW snowblower and after researching it I found the serial number had a way to decode the date built so I was just curious if the Stihl chainsaws might have the same deal...

Anyway back to work!

I was just wondering if Stihl used a specific way to date a chainsaw through the serial number.
Simple answer to your question...NO...nothing coded into serial number.

Call a Stihl dealer and have them run the serial number...
Results will give purchasing date...so mfg. date has to be some days / months earlier.
:cheers:
J2F

Simple answer to your question...NO...nothing coded into serial number.

Call a Stihl dealer and have them run the serial number...
Results will give purchasing date...so mfg. date has to be some days / months earlier.
:cheers:
J2F

Yeah and this only works if the dealer registered the saw, and the number is in the HAL-9000
super computer 300 feet beneath Virginia Beach.

How do you date a Stihl? With caring and respect. You see little Johnny, when a man and a woman love each other, sometimes they take a nap in a special way .... (Lord, I apologize for that right there ....)

Back