Stihl collection next saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen warner

Reaction score
For those afflicted with C.A.D, you and only you get this! Each year since 2011 I have bought a new Stihl saw to add to my collection. I use the saws to clear atv trails and cut firewood...but this is not about need...I love saws! I have a Stihl 441 cm, Stihl 391, Stihl 290, Stihl 271, Stihl 261 and a Stihl 170. This year I am struggling with what to add, I have the newer model 391 which weighs 13.67 lbs and the older 261 at 11.6 lbs. All saws except for the 290 are pristine. I am struggling with a new 362 cm 12.35 lbs and a 241 9.9 lbs. I like the way the new 362's look and how light they are, but I already have a 64 and 57 cc saw for mid range, plus I can clearly use the 441 if I have something big. I do worry about having gas sit in so many saws so I use ethanol free and try to rotate (I know M-tronics are more fussy with fuel quality). But I have always wondered if the 362 is all that over the 391; 1 lb less with a little less HP. I find it hard to believe that the pro 362 has much if any more torque (no doubt higher RPMS though) over the bigger CC 391. I'm a little curious to see myself...but I'm also curious about the 241 and whether it is worth the coin for such a small saw. Plus, I really do not have much of a selection in terms of a light saw, if you had this collection and the choice is between a 362 and 241 which would you choose? Money is not a factor since chainsaws are my passion. Please no comments on Huskys, good saws but not my cup of tea. I suppose someone might recommend a 211?

Back