Stihl Collectors! Lightning model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'd be a nice saw to have in ANY collection! Brand new to boot!

Too rich for my blood, though.

I wonder what the chances are that it is just a big rock in a resealed box.;)

Is this what's in the box???

attachment.php

lightning

Is this what's in the box???

attachment.php

I've alway's wanted one of those old stihl lightning's, there's just something about the way they look that makes me want one. CCC says that it is something like 12hp at 6,000 rpm.:rock: :D :laugh: :rockn:

I've alway's wanted one of those old stihl lightning's, there's just something about the way they look that makes me want one. CCC says that it is something like 12hp at 6,000 rpm.:rock: :D :laugh: :rockn:

If that is so, it is SAE hp, not comparable to todays hp at all - 6.5hp is closer to the truth, I believe.....:D :laugh: :laugh:

Hmmm?

It's hard to believe that box has not been opened in 44 years!

I find it hard to believe as well. And it's not cheap; current bid at this time $910.00. I think I'd want to know that something other than a medicine ball is in there.

I find it hard to believe as well. And it's not cheap; current bid at this time $910.00. I think I'd want to know that something other than a medicine ball is in there.

I don't think it would be that risky. The Seller has 265 total feedbacks as both seller and buyer, a feedback score of 238 and a 100% positive. Also 0 ratings mutually withdrawn.

The only nitpik I see is minor. He or she has no previous saw sales among the viewable feedbacks.
John

I don't think it would be that risky. The Seller has 265 total feedbacks as both seller and buyer, a feedback score of 238 and a 100% positive. Also 0 ratings mutually withdrawn.

The only nitpik I see is minor. He or she has no previous saw sales among the viewable feedbacks.
John

Good Point!

I bet that saw fetches 2-3 thousand. I sold mine on flea-bay for about $500, it ran and was all there, ok condidtion. There was one very clean one and I think it went for $900

Back