Stihl Collectors! Lightning model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that it goes for $3000 at least...

I think we should all pool $10 on someones paypal account and buy it and then take a video of opening the box!

Then it should get sent from one GTG to the next GTG

Might be a treasure or might be another Al Capone's vault...

I don't think it would be that risky. The Seller has 265 total feedbacks as both seller and buyer, a feedback score of 238 and a 100% positive. Also 0 ratings mutually withdrawn.

The only nitpik I see is minor. He or she has no previous saw sales among the viewable feedbacks.
John

This is true ... but it doesn't look like they have sold many antique chainsaws ... More like baskets and picture frames. That's not to say that it's a scam but I also look at the specifics also (regarding prior transactions) ..

If the seller wanted to make maximum dollar, they would have opened the box and shown that the saw was in perfect condition (IMO) .. It'll still sell for a lot.

Hold up though ... That saw didn't come with a bar/chain (in the box)????

I don't think it would be that risky. The Seller has 265 total feedbacks as both seller and buyer, a feedback score of 238 and a 100% positive. Also 0 ratings mutually withdrawn.

The only nitpik I see is minor. He or she has no previous saw sales among the viewable feedbacks.
John

This is true ... but it doesn't look like they have sold many antique chainsaws ... More like baskets and picture frames. That's not to say that it's a scam but I also look at the specifics also (regarding prior transactions) ..

If the seller wanted to make maximum dollar, they would have opened the box and shown that the saw was in perfect condition (IMO) .. It'll still sell for a lot.

Hold up though ... That saw didn't come with a bar/chain (in the box)????

Do any of you recall the solar powered clothes dryer that sold on ebay for a cool couple thousand. Turned out to be a $2 clothes line to hang clothes out in the sun, new in the box, box pictured as big as a dryer. :ices_rofl:

I wonder what the chances are that it is just a big rock in a resealed box.;)

I believe the saw is the box. It is located about 2hrs south of me. Last fall I talked with a older Stihl dealer that had a new one still in the box. He told me that the reginal rep had 5 of them that were found in the attic of a dealer. The regional rep offered them to dealers. When the gentleman I talked with sold his dealership the new owner also bought the saw. It is still in the dealership. I believe this one that is on ebay is one of the 5. It is also intersting that the location is Peoria which is where the distrubuter is located. If anyone is serious about buying the saw I may be able to inspect it for them.

Bill

I believe the saw is the box. It is located about 2hrs south of me. Last fall I talked with a older Stihl dealer that had a new one still in the box. He told me that the reginal rep had 5 of them that were found in the attic of a dealer. The regional rep offered them to dealers. When the gentleman I talked with sold his dealership the new owner also bought the saw. It is still in the dealership. I believe this one that is on ebay is one of the 5. It is also intersting that the location is Peoria which is where the distrubuter is located. If anyone is serious about buying the saw I may be able to inspect it for them.

Bill

I heard just about the same thing one state over...

Well I'd like to nominate MY paypal account for the transaction:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

TRUST ME:monkey:

Gee I would trust almost anyone with $10.00:biggrinbounce2:

Of answering to a hoard of angry men with chainsaws.:greenchainsaw: That would be up to you :D

$1625.00 and still many days to go..

What amazes me is people bidding so early.

If I was going to bid on this then I would buy it at the last minute.

I heard just about the same thing one state over...

Jim,

I know the saw is in Drakesburg and I have no reasone to question Harlan's word. I believe the story to be true. I do not know how far east MVS goes. I am am 2hrs from them and just 5hrs from Indy What region are you in ?

Bill

^^Agree^^, it does make one wonder how crazy its going to get in the last hour or so, I'm guessing (as have others) this saw will be over 3k before long, hm, prolly end up in a museum under glass guarded by the shadow of Chuck Norris (which is still deadlier than the average human) :D
Finding a vintage bar to match might be a pita too lol.

*shakes head* :censored: :dizzy:

:greenchainsaw:

It's at $1,700 with 5 days left .... I bet the reserve is like 2k

Makes you just want to go out and buy saws, leave em' in the box ....

Latest posts

Back