Stihl Contra Info Sharing Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has different transfers too!
c21ca375e77ab008fc319ea73ad6a2b8.jpg

It has effectively got closed transfers, but has a cut-out for the windowed piston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All original sand cast Contras?...The first saw in the first pic looks to have it's original bar and chip deflecter!......Very nice!!

You are correct on the chip deflector and bar. This saw was a dealerships demo. It has seen very little use. As for original, two of the units have original Bing carbs but the other two have Tillotson carbs.

Absolutely great collection... I've been trying to find one of those side handles for years. Did you buy that whole saw off eBay about a year ago? If so you won against me. LOL If anyone knows how to make one of these I'd buy one...

So have you found a source for rebuild kits for the Bing carbs? I contacted Stihl in Germany and they had absolutely zero info on the Bing carbs. The only Bing carb info I've found is for larger engines.

I agree with Carl, that's an amazing collection of 1106/1109 saws you have. Please share some more of it. Any chance you have one of the early 'full wrap' AV systems as well?

Im just in love with that 1959 sandcast Contra.... Hope to find one to my Contra collection one day. I only have 3 from the first year of production in my collection, but non of them is the metal topcover model.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!
/Steffen

Very nice full wrap you got there, i have not seen that before. There is a lot of small diffrens in the Contra history, and that makes some models a bit rare. Not many is talking about the oil cover, but i have 3 types in my collection. The first year of 59 the saw was without the manual oil pump, i have 3 Contras from the first year in my collection. But have you ever seen one that is blocked?? And the hole is not at the right place.

Attachments

• IMG_0735 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0735 (Large).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0736 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0736 (Large).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 38
Yes that handle look a bit different than the normal one, is it a original Stihl part? The serial nr is proberly removed and the owner stamped his own name. Very special. What dos the green serial nr. Plate say?

Latest posts

Back